Tuesday, May 26, 2009

5-26-09

Posted in , by ... | Edit
This weekend I had the opportunity to roll with my instructor, as no one else showed up for open mat. Surprisingly, we went at for about 45 minutes, of course with me being tapped repeatedly, but still 45 minutes of hard rolling is showing I've made bounding progress in getting some gas in my tank.

Notes on rolling:
I got my back taken about nine million times, I noticed that often times when trying to escape, I end up in worse position by not turning into my opponent. This is something I NEED to work on much further, I have to remember to turn INTO my opponent and gain better position rather than turning away to escape and just ending up in worse position.

Other thoughts:
Continue to work on grips, as well as remembering that in Jiu Jitsu I have four limbs to use at a time, not just two, also remember about my head, and how vulnerable it is to attacks.

Stuff to work on tonight:
•Continue to work the butterfly guard till its killer defense and great sweeping.
•Work on the 'electric chair' from half guard (underhook opposite leg that is controlled with lockdown)
• If rolling with bigger guys, continue to work north<---> south from side control by 'passing' their close arm under my knee
• Also continue to work on the armbar from knee on belly

1 comments5-26-09


  1. Unknown says:

    Goof information about shoulder brace. Thank you.

    July 1, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Leave a Comment