Thursday, July 2, 2009

07-02-09

As promise, This post will be in regard to the shoulder brace I have been using recently in real life applications as well as during rolling.

After some research I decoded to purchase the EVS SB02 Shoulder Brace, There were a number of factors that went into choosing this one including:
• Price was fair in comparison to a number of Ortho recommended braces
• The brace appeared to no be cumbersome
• Previous reviews from grapplers whom said it helped

I purchased the Brace from OEMcycle.com HERE
this is what it looks like:

















PROS:

• Lightweight, and non-restrictive, BUT it does keep the shoulder stabilized. This is definitely a brace meant to be used by people who are recovering and active, NOT for people who need to immobilize their shoulder.

• Material is breathable & Easily washable neoprene

CONS:

• The sizing chart provided was correct, BUT, it woudl be nice to see smaller size ranges on the sizes, I fit into the medium bracket, but barely. Had I ordered the large, Which I was only 1 inch away from the size range it woudl have been WAAAAAAY too big, but the medium is pretty snug, not hindering usage, but making it a bit difficult to get on.

•This is not a big deal other than it makes a mess. The Graphics are silk screened on, and they rub off rather quickly, I would have rathered them not print a large logo to avoid the mess.

• It fits best when worn on the skin, there are a few exposed Velcro areas that rub you raw, I alleviate this by wearing it over a rash guard.

All in all I give the brace a 7/10. Its awesome for the money and I will buy another one if this one last for a decent amount of time but then needs to be replaced. As of now It appears to be holding up well through a number of light rolls and everyday usage.

2 Comments


  1. The Don says:

    Great review.. well stated.

    August 14, 2009 at 11:45 PM

  2. Unknown says:

    I'm thinking about buying it. my shoulder been popping out do u think evs shoulder brace will prevent my shoulder from popping?

    August 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Leave a Comment